Wildlife - badgers, foxes and deer minding their own business

 I have collected together some of the wildlife footage caught in February. Most of the shots are captured at night but these first ones of a young male roe deer are in daylight so I have included them as a series. He is a handsome young fella and looks curious






This one is a female of the similar age





I have picked up some nice shots of a fox - at night so black and white. I don't know if it's male or female but I have seen one of each over time. I am guessing this is the female but unless they are together it is difficult to tell. Clearly the smell of human is very apparent.





The cameras do get damp at night which reduces the quality but I quite like this one which is atmospheric




I have been collecting fewer badger shots recently. Here is a good clear night time one.


I am aware from using the cameras that the badgers take objection to cameras when they are near their setts so I don't put them there any more. Here is footage of the camera being clonked and the culprit scurrying off:-



This did give some interesting camera angles





Including this one of a badger refreshing its bedding

Then these two shots - one of a foal and one of a mouse which give a different perspective






Here are my two favourite bits of badger footage so I thought I would share them again





I like this close up too where the badger is walking passed unconcerned about the camera








The most commonly recorded animal is the deer and here are some nice shots or them strolling around in all conditions. The first two videos are red deer then the third a roe deer.







I do capture some birds too - these have come out nicely 






And I still catch some human* activity from time to time




* me






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bel's Wood becomes a wood

Christmas and 4,250 trees are ready to be planted

Winter arrives and all systems are go