Plenty of time for fun

Having just blogged on the emerging plan for the wood and the result of the camera traps and photos of wildlife I realise that doesn't convey the fun that Bel's Wood is giving me. So here are some of the lighter moments from the last months.


                                     



Sitting in Wilhamena (the willow)



I've slept out quite a few nights in my hammock and enjoyed the dawn chorus, the super moon and some lovely toast made over my wood burning stove.

 Hammock nicely hidden under a green tarp to the right of the yew tree low down


 
 
A friend's bivvy                                                         The breakfast of queen's!

Supermoon 27th May 2021


The latest addition is a swing! With patient remote help from my brother in law I have managed to fix this swing to Cecil B (the sessile oak) and enjoy a swing on most visits up there.










This 'shooting box' has proved a useful hide and this is where I sat when I spotted a badger one evening. S/he remained unaware of me looking on. I didn't attempt a photo as that would have meant I moved.




My lovely friend Liz has given me a machete which is proving really helpful in lots of way. I have also made progress with log cutting so that I build up a stock of wood for next year. My kind neighbour has allowed me to use his seasoned wood this year.
                                    


Just spending time there has been a joy - the sights, sounds and smells. These long days have been special - and to think I feared spring arriving as I have enjoyed seeing the bare trees. Each season has its gifts.



Sunset 11th June 22.12




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bel's Wood becomes a wood

Christmas and 4,250 trees are ready to be planted

Winter arrives and all systems are go